February 27, 2012

Fashion Watch: The Oscars

Highlights from last nights festivities includes gold gowns and buns! There were so many gowns I loved, not shown include Judy Greer. Hits and misses as follows, for the "Super Bowl" for fashionistas!

Best Dressed:

Stacy Keibler in Marchesa. She looked like an Oscar statue herself!
Emma Stone in Giambattista Valli. I typically don't like red heads in red, but she looks amaze!
Michelle Williams in Louis Vuitton. Stunning, rocking the peplum trend
Cameron Diaz in Gucci. I love the detailing at the bottom
Maya Rudolph in Johanna Johnson. A surprise favorite; I love the shoulder and belt detail
Octavia Spencer in Tadashi Shoji. She really knows how to wear gowns that flatter her body type, A+

Worst Dressed:

Glenn Close in Zac Posen. Women is blazers are not welcome on the red carpet.
Sandra Bullock in Marchesa. I normally love this designer, but the drop waist looks terrible
Tina Fey in Caroline Herrera. Just awful!


Photo credit: Gerry Images

3 comments:

Nat said...

Totally agree with all of your picks!! The dropped waist on Sandra just looked awful

Sarah Hartley said...

I agree with all of your best dressed picks. But I kinda like Tina Fey's look. Not the most glamourous of course but I thought she looked great.
Sarah
http://comingunstitched.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I really liked Cameron Diaz dress, super fab ;)