December 8, 2011

Gold + Silver

In keeping with the wedding themed posts, I have a bit of a dilemma. I've always known this was going to be a challenge for me when the time came, and now it is here. My engagement ring is set in platinum and I have a complex when pairing my gold jewelry with it. I've seen tons of bloggers do it, and they don't seem to have a problem, but I don't know what it is, to me it just looks like it doesn't "go" together. And let's get real - it's not as if I'm going to skip wearing this gorgeous rock just so I can wear gold jewelry one day!

So I'm looking to you all for input. Have you had this same problem? What do you think of this combo below? Am I just crazy??

8 comments:

ekuwano said...

i never had this problem because i never wear gold but i think that you can pull this off!

Kristen said...

i love the mismatch, but i totally know what you mean about the jewelry/ring controversy

cheryl denise said...

@ Miss K - I'm glad I'm not the only one who has heard of this issue :)

Swan's Samplings said...

I don't normally wear gold with anything anymore. All my jewelry is white.

Rebecca J Designs said...

Darling, Diamonds go with EVERYTHING! Especially that GORGEOUS rock!!!! ;-)

Jana said...

I think it just depends on the contrast & ratio.. Maybe in this case, with just 1 ring and 1 watch you shouldn't wear them together or just wear them on separate hands. But if you were "stacking", with a variety the ratio/contrast might blend better and not appear as a clash like with 1 extreme gold & 1 extreme platinum.

L.A. in the bay said...

gorgeous my friend!

Nat said...

Just found your blog- so cute and I had to comment! I've been wearing gold and silver together for YEARS and if anything I usually get more compliments from people when I do wear both, it's looks less matchy-matchy. Plus if a piece of jewelry is special to you, you should wear it no matter what other jewelry you're wearing that day.