October 10, 2013

Weekend Bucket List

Tomorrow we're heading up to NYC bright and early, for a long weekend with friends. It will be a nice getaway, especially to get our minds off the government shutdown, which is affecting both hubby and I. As most of you know, NYC is my favorite city, so I've got a jam packed itinerary for the weekend...here are a few things we'll be doing. Follow my adventures on Instagram here.

While my typical weekends in the city consist of shopping and checking out restos/bars, this trip I've added some more touristy stuff. We got so used to walking up towers in Italy to view the city from above, that I wanted to hit Top of the Rock.

View from Top of the Rock
We're also planning to grab lunch at Chelsea Market and eat up on the High Line. While we're up there, we will be celebrating the 30th birthday of our friend, so I figured there is no better way than to get drinks at Boom Boom Room. It is by far the chicest bar I've been to in my life! Floor to ceiling views of the Hudson river on one side, and city on the other. Absolutely breathtaking!!! The people watching is insane - I swear I haven't seen that much Chanel, except in their store.

Boom Boom Room
My bucket list has always included walking across the Brooklyn Bridge, so weather permitting, we'll be taking the ferry over to Brooklyn, taking in the gorgeous skyline from the park, and walking back to Manhattan via the bridge.

Brooklyn Bridge Park
Since I'm such a foodie, here's the rundown of where we'll be eating while we're in the city. Some will be new for me, and some are faves that I can't imagine not visiting while there! I wish there were more time to fit in meals, because there are so many places I would love to go. Is it too soon to plan my next trip?!

Meatball Shop - checkout those ice cream sammys for dessert
Balthazar - amazing brunch and awesome atmosphere
Dominique Ansel Bakery - cronuts - gotta see what all the hype is about!
Gran Electrica - right under the Brooklyn Bridge
Stanton Social - great for both brunch and dinner, hint: go upstairs for drinks
Sarabeth's - Serena and Blair used to go here all the time

1 comment:

Nat said...

Ahhh so jealous!! Sounds like such a fun weekend! Enjoy NYC