July 19, 2011

Brown vs. Black + Gray Suit

When I first decided to write about this topic, I was 100% against men wearing brown shoes with gray suits. In my opinion, gray is a light shade of black, and should therefore be worn with black shoes. However, half way through my research, I discovered that several well-dressed men I know wear this color combo.

As I searched for advice on the web regarding men’s fashion, the overwhelming majority of articles also agreed that brown can be paired with gray. I began observing men’s shoes everywhere I went! It appeared that the guys rocking the brown and gray were some of the more fashion forward ones.

So, here I am to actually promote the act of pairing brown and gray. There is one caveat, if you are wearing a dark gray suit, for the love, please wear black shoes!

No comments: