September 5, 2011

Summer Wrapup

At the beginning of summer I posted a list of things I wanted to accomplish...


  • Go to a winery I've never been to before. Done - Fabbioli Cellars to celebrate a friend's birthday
  • Attend a food festival. Fail
  • See fireworks. We saw them unexpectedly, as we were going to sleep on the night of 4th of July, from our bedroom window. It was perfect!
  • Go to the beach.  We had a beach wedding in SC, so I got one day on the beach!!
  • Take a walk after dinner with the bf and dog, at least once a week.  We didn't manage every week, but we did get out more than usual
  • Successfully grow my own tomatoes.  Fail. The heat was ridiculous here this summer - but my cucumbers have begun to sprout!
  • Go to an outdoor concert. Yep - The Band Perry & Tim McGraw
  • Rent bikes in DC and ride along the Potomac. Very sad to say fail. But this fall is a great time for this as well!
  • Paint our master bathroom.  We decided to pay someone to do this, however, we painted 2 other bathrooms so I wouldn't consider this a fail!
  • Go to a drive-in movie theatre. I'll put this on the list for next year...

No comments: